Acropolis of Αncient Feneos
Acropolis of ancient Feneos is situated near to the village Kalyvia (as we know it today), on the northwestern side of the plain of Feneos. It was excavated between 1958-1961 by the curator Deilakis. According to the signs a temple dedicated to Asclepius had been discovered, the size of which is 10x6,10 meters and a rectangular platform, on which two marble legs with sandals 80 cm. long each were found, while behind the platform a marble female head 80 cm high.
They represent Asclepius and Ygeia and they date back in 150 B.C.
In Ancient Feneos there is a small archaeological museum, where is the exhibition of the findings.